WaldenTRI training sessions - Spring/Summer programme
Our new programme is settling in nicely with very good attendance - thanks for such enthusiastic participation. Please see the schedule of sessions for the week beginning Monday 17th May below.
Of course, over the past year we've had to get used to things changing very often with very little notice. Do use the club's private Facebook group and its new WhatsApp group to stay informed of changes.
All members are welcome at any session: coaches will always ensure that every individual gets the best from each session, regardless of fitness or previous experience.
A few important notes:-
- The next step in easing Covid restrictions is reached on 17th May, of course. That means that coached swimming sessions can at last resume, and we kick off with Week 1 of a new ten-week course.
- The week beginning Monday 17th May is a "Week 1” which means it includes a cycling time trial on Thursday evening not a coached run session.
- I'm pleased to say that our new Wednesday lunchtime coached run session becomes a weekly fixture from this week onwards (rather than fortnightly).
- We'll try a new approach to Wednesday and Sunday swim sessions this week: i.e. just turn up, no need to book in advance. If we start to reach maximum capacity we can reintroduce advance booking.
This week's schedule:-
- Mon 17/05 6:30 - 7:30 pm: Transitions/cycling/running at Carver Barracks with Craig Dyce.
No need to sign up in advance. Be ready at the usual access gates at 6:20 pm.
Bring bike, helmet, bikes shoes (if you use them), running shoes.
- Tue 18/05 6:00 – 7:00 pm: Online group turbo training with Ben Bely.
No need to book in advance, and no special equipment is needed – just a simple mechanical turbo trainer. Join HERE.
- Tue 18/05 7:30 - 8:30 pm: WaldenTRI Yoga - popular live Zoom session led by Laurie Downton of Base Yoga.
Just £2.50 per member, and then spouses/partners & kids are free of charge.
Just join the session on the night - message Laurie via our club Facebook group if you don't already have the Zoom login details.
If you can't be at the session a recording can be provided.
- Weds 19/05 - 12:30 pm: Lunchtime run session coached by Derek Jones at the superb SW Cricket Club ground.
- Wed 19/05 8:00 - 9:00 pm: Coached swim session at Lord Butler pool.
Just turn up, no advance booking required. Choose from a technique-focused session or a physical training session.
If you want to take part in the technique side of the session, we'll be working on the all-important catch phase of the stroke.
- Thu 20/05 7:00 pm onwards: Cycling time trial on our usual 10.2 mile Audley End course.
Sign up by Tuesday evening using this form.
- Sat 22/05 time TBA: Club social ride. Watch out for a post in the club's Facebook group of meeting details, distance, duration, route, etc.
- Sun 23/05 2:00 - 3:00 pm: Uncoached lane swimming at Lord Butler pool.
Just turn up, no advance booking required.
Just drop me a line at email@example.com if you have any queries.